Subject: Proposed Dock Special Use Permimt
Attached is the most recent drawing submitted by Brad Lapworth to Grayling Township Planning Commission which I obtained from Lacey Stephan/Rick Harland.
After reviewing the diagram, I noted the following issues and questions:
- Porta John would be next to the lot with the white trailer all season
- Native Protection strip calls for 20 ft to be maintained in natural state he has 15 ft from parking to lake
- If water off parking area is to run to the west - what is the proposed containment to avoid it running in the lake
- What kind of parking paved/cement/gravel?
- There is no distance from M-72 and M 72 passing lane noted as to where the property starts in the diagram
- There is no length(s) and width(s) of the property
- Will they be using this as a launch?
- Is there ADA Handicap parking since it is a commercial business?
I also attached the rules for Special Use/Recreational from Grayling Township. After reviewing them my thoughts include reasons it should not be approved:
- this causes undue traffic
- turning off M 72 (55 mph) causes undue danger
- may cause undue noise to the neighbors
Please share this information and attend the meeting on March 28th at 7pm to voice your opposition.