1955 Hartwick Pines Road
Grayling, Michigan 49738
989-348-6371 ext. 7443
Here is a brief update on two projects we had discussed at last spring’s LMPOA meeting:
- 30 acres within the Small Arms Range fence (where natural regeneration had failed) were swept for unexploded ordinance and trenched in 2016.
- Approximately 27,000 containerized red pine seedling were planted on April 24, 2017.
- Survivorship of that planted stock will be monitored over the next three years to ensure successful establishment of the red pine.
Facility Expansion Area
- 30 acres adjacent to Camp Grayling’s Cantonment Fence were harvested in June 2016.
- The Military has stumped the site in preparation for ground recontouring and facility construction.